Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April Blog Post 2

Wow I have gotten so many responses. All the times filled up quite fast, and now I have more people on the waitlist than people I am teaching. I am thinking that I might do this again next year but with more people, maybe as a signature project with 2 people or maybe as a club thing. The problem with the signature project idea is that we would only have 2 people which is not ideal, and the problem with the club idea is that people would be less committed and might lose interest or have busy and unpredictable schedules. I suppose if it were to do the club thing I might want to keep each session shortish, so have like 4 lessons each session over maybe 6 weeks (accounting for long weekends and breaks) so people could quit or join more easily. It also might be hard to find enough interested teachers. If there were more lessons happening at once, it might be a good idea to have them during not open swim so that there is enough space. For that, I would need to organize having a lifeguard (possibly me) as well as teachers. I am having the first lesson tomorrow. I am excited and nervous, but the guy who is the father of both the girls I will be teaching sounded nice, and I asked my advisor Ms. Hatton if she could come and just swim nearby and help if needed. I hope there is not a rule on having too many blog posts, it is just that I have a lot to record on my blog and everything is moving so fast! It is also interesting to note that I have gotten a response from parents of kids with Autism and Down Syndrome. It must be hard to find affordable private lessons with instructors who are willing to work with kids who think differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment