Tuesday, April 4, 2017

March Blog Post 1

I made a flyer with the information about my project that I intend to put up in school 16. It says:

My name is Katie and I am a student at Emma Willard School. I am on my school swim team, and am certified as both a lifeguard and a water safety instructor by the Red Cross. I want to help your family be safer around the water by providing one-on-one swim lessons for children ages 6-11, preferably children who are eager to learn swimming.


Possible times for lessons include Saturday 4:30-6pm, Sunday 3-5pm, and Wednesday 3:45-5pm during the months of April and May. The lessons would be about 30 minutes each, there will be a lifeguard on duty, and parents are welcome to observe. If you are interested in scheduling swim lessons and are free during one of those times, please contact me at kfoster@emmawillard.org or (860) 817-2234.

I was a little worried about including my email and phone number but could not think of any better option since not all of the parents have email or internet access. The lessons are going to be one-on-one because I have heard from several sources including myself that I am better in one-on-one social interactions and teaching. Next, I will try to contact someone at school 16 who could help get this information out to parents there who might be interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment