Monday, October 31, 2016

October Blog Post 2

Over the past few weeks I have been working on lesson plans. I used the Water Safety instructor handbook to look at the skills in every level. Level 1 is mostly an introduction and very basic skills like entering/exiting the water safely and floating. In level 2 students learn treading water and basic movement. In level 3 students learn front crawl, elementary backstroke and some kicks. In level 4 students learn all 4 strokes, and beyond those levels is just stroke refinement. I have not had any experience with teaching very basic skills or teaching people who are afraid of water, so I am a little apprehensive about that. Hopefully I will be able to learn how to teach lower levels using the WSI manual and lesson plans.

1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed with your consistent effort, both for your project and blog posts. Keep it up! You are completing important steps and will soon be doing very rewarding work.

    ReplyDelete